In response to growing demand from our members and the wider school sector for enhanced national recognition, we have introduced a new NASBM Fellowship scheme for our most experienced and qualified school business management professionals.
Our objectives are to:
- To formally recognise and raise awareness of excellent practice and expertise within the profession
- To encourage the profession to aspire to excellence and higher standards of practice
- To improve the practice of school business management by encouraging ongoing participation in professional development.
Benefits of becoming a NASBM Fellow
By making an application to become a NASBM Fellow, you are applying to be recognised by your professional body as a proficient school business management professional, committed to the highest levels of professional and ethical practice.
If successful, you will become part of a diverse network of like-minded people who want to drive forward the standards of and build the reputation of the school business management profession. You will be working alongside NASBM and our sector stakeholders to ensure that school leaders and governors fully recognise the contribution school business management professionals make to school improvement and development.
Being recognised as a NASBM Fellow demonstrates that you are a leader within the profession, have achieved a high level of professional expertise and are committed to developing your knowledge and skills to meet the ever-changing demands of the education sector. You are also showing your commitment to upholding the very highest ethical standards. NASBM maintains a public register of our Fellows on our website and NASBM Fellows can use the designation FNASBM after their name and on printed material.
NASBM Fellows also receive:
- A NASBM Certificate
- An invitation to an annual dedicated professional development event for NASBM Fellows
- An invitation to have your achievements showcased in The Voice, NASBM’s member magazine.
- NASBM encourages applications from school business management professionals working in all school settings who meet our requirements and agree to comply with our Code of Ethics. You do not need to be a NASBM member already to apply but if you are accepted as a NASBM Fellow, you will become a NASBM member.
Please click here to view the full list of current NASBM Fellows
1. have at least three years recent experience working at a senior level in school business management professional role.
2. hold a qualification at Level 6 or above in school business management or in a subject which supports your professional practice in at least one of the following areas of school business management:
- Leading Support Services
For individuals not currently holding a level 6 (graduate qualification) then the NASBM Bridging Module, which accredits prior learning and experience may be the best route to fellowship. Click here for further details.
3. Demonstrate significant experience and evidence of impact in at least two of the key areas listed below. One of these two key areas must be Leading Support Services.
- Leading Support Services
4.Provide evidence of ongoing commitment to continuing professional development (CPD).
5. Provide evidence of leadership within and support for the school business management profession.
6. Demonstrate the highest standards of professional conduct.
How to apply
A guidance document explaining the application process and the application form are available here:
Guidance for applicants
Application form (PDF version)
Application form (Word version)
You can also click here to read the FAQs and view a sample application here.
You may also find these templates useful for demonstrating your professional development within your application: Learning diary, SWOT analysis, and Personal Development Plan
When to apply
The application windows are open each year between:
1 October and 31 March - Fellowship assessment panel in early May
1 April and 30 September - Fellowship assessment panel in early October
Submitting your application
Please note: NASBM requests that all applicants submit both an e-copy (via email) and a hard copy of their application
Completed applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Please send your completed application to:
Membership Department, NASBM, 53 Butts Road, Coventry, CV1 3BH
Please note that an administration charge applies to all applications for Fellowship, which is levied at £35 and is invoiced on receipt of your application.
If you have any questions about the application process or eligibility then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02476 231221.