Business Manager (Education)
Stewards Academy, Parnall Road, Harlow, Essex, CM18 7NQ
Salary from £45,994
Required to start ASAP
Stewards Academy is an 11 – 16 mixed comprehensive situated on the southern edge of Harlow, a town of over 80,000 inhabitants. There are currently 1,040 students and 70 teaching staff. It is a Science Specialist and Lead Space Academy. Stewards is a genuine comprehensive school with a full ability range and social mix. We enjoy a very good reputation in the town.
We are looking to appoint a Business Manager who is looking for a new challenging and rewarding role. The right candidate will have an opportunity where no two days are the same, and you will be involved in stimulating projects where you can apply your ideas. Previous experience in an education setting is essential. You should also have had experience in all aspects of financial management, strong computer skills, especially financial budgetary control systems, HR management, team leadership and managing change.
We are looking for a flexible, committed and an enthusiastic Business Manager;
- To advise the Headteacher and Governing Body on all finance, personnel and administrative matters.
- To develop systems to ensure efficient and reliable support staff services.
- To manage day to day finance, personnel and administrative operations.
- With strategic planning in terms of forward budgeting, staffing structures, ICT and site developments.
- To act as Company Secretary and be an authorised cheque signatory.
- This is a full time and permanent business manager role.
If you can deal with emergency situations and have a flexible “can do” attitude to work, coupled with a good sense of humour then we want to hear from you!
Stewards Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS (Disclosure Barring Service).
For more information and to apply please visit our website or contact Amarita Kaur at Hays Education.
Closing Date: 17th April 2014
T 020 8872 5707
School Business Manager
Willowdown Primary Academy
‘Happy Children, Successful Learners, Confident Individuals’
A member of The Collaborative Academies Trust
School Business Manager
Somerset Pay Spine Grade 11 43 working weeks (38 school weeks, 1 week INSET + 4 weeks to be worked in holidays)
Salary: £22,730 - £26,015 (5 points on incremental scale) pro rata 37 hours per week including inset days, term time only plus 10 days
Required to start as soon as possible
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to help create an outstanding primary academy on the outskirts of Bridgwater, Somerset.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional School Business Manager with a dynamic personality to join us and play a central role within our Strategic Leadership Team, providing vision and operational deliverance on all matters relating to Financial Management, Administration, Health and Safety, Premises and Facilities Management and Human Resources.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- A high level of qualifications, experience and knowledge of academy management, particularly in the areas of finance, premises and school administration
- A clear vision for the role and how it can develop in the future
- The ability to lead colleagues forward with the support of the Principal, bringing strategic vision and creative thinking
- The ability to plan, lead and implement changes that support learning and teaching
- Excellent leadership skills and a high level of drive and motivation with the ability to motivate others
- Experience of working in an educational context, preferably a school
- High levels of communication skills and the ability to maximise the academy’s resources and generate income to support learning and teaching
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to undertake a strategic leadership role in the creation of a brand new academy
- A first class working environment with administrative support
- A supportive network through The Collaborative Academies Trust (CAT)
- The opportunity to enhance your career through excellent training and professional development opportunities
A visit to the site, to a school built to a similar plan, will be available.
For an application pack and further information please visit the Vacancies page at www.willowdownprimary.co.uk or contact Caroline Roberts in the CAT office on email@example.com or call directly on 01376 565417.
Closing date: Monday 21st April 2014 12noon
Interviews: 30th April 2014
Willowdown Primary Academy and the Collaborative Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding of all children and staff and expect every member of the academy community to share this commitment. All posts will be offered on the condition of an enhanced disclosure check.
Director of Support Services
George Green’s School Principal: Ms Jill Baker
Tel: 020 7987 6032
Fax: 020 7538 2316
VC 11-19 Mixed NOR 1200 Director of Support Services NJC Grade PO6, Points 46-49 (£42,681-£45,360)
‘WE ARE A GOOD SCHOOL’ (March 2013) We are seeking to appoint a talented, highly-motivated and inspirational Director of Support Services to our senior leadership team.
This is a new post, oversight of support services having previously been split across more than one post. With the appointment of a Director of Support Services, we are looking to bring under one umbrella the leadership of all our key support services - Administration, Data & Exams, Finance, Facilities, Human Resources and ICT Services - with a view to securing significantly improved operational effectiveness, flexibility and cost-effectiveness.
The person appointed will have a proven track record of successful major project management and substantial relevant experience of delivering excellent service outcomes. They will be joining a team of committed senior leaders, led by our recently-appointed Principal (Sept 2013), under whose decisive leadership we confidently expect to be able to maintain our upward trajectory of rapid improvement and complete our onward journey from ‘good’ (March 2013) to ‘outstanding’.
Application pack and form available to download from www.georgegreens.com.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 22nd April @ 9am.
Interviews: Week beginning 28th April 2014.
Completed forms to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the two days of the interview will include an opportunity for all long-listed candidates to tour the school with student guides and meet individually with key service team managers and members of the current senior leadership team, including the Principal, Jill Baker.
However, candidates wishing to visit the school – and/or have an informal chat with Jill - before deciding whether or not to apply are also very welcome to do so. Visits/conversations can be organised by emailing Jill’s PA direct on email@example.com.
George Green’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, external agencies and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Finance and Resources Manager
Finance & Resources Manager
Full time – 24 days holiday per annum SP11 £41,453 - £46,565 (negotiable within SP11)
Glyn School is looking to recruit an experienced and motivated Finance & Resources Manager to provide the overall strategic leadership and management for all aspects of finance, administration, facilities and operations support in the school.
The successful candidate will be required to work at an operational and strategic level as part of the Leadership Team. Excellent leadership and communication skills are required as well as experience of managing a finance department and the ability to make strategic decisions.
Applicants must have a professional qualification in Business Management or Accountancy and have experience of working at leadership level in business.
If you wish to make an informal visit to Glyn School please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full job description is available on our website www.glynschool.org.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 25 April
Interviews: Week commencing 28 April
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all colleagues to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
If you have not been contacted prior to the interview date please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest in GLF Schools.
Director of Operations
LA SAINTE UNION CATHOLIC SECONDARY SCHOOL
(Voluntary Aided) Specialist Science College with Maths Highgate Road, London NW5 1RP
Roll : 1226 11 - 18 girls (Mixed Sixth Form) (327 in the Sixth Form - in consortium with three partner schools totalling 1200+ students)
Founded : 1861 “La Sainte Union is a good school......Students’ achievement at LSU is outstanding” (Ofsted Inspection November 2010) “La Sainte Union is an outstanding Catholic School” (Section 48 Inspection March 2011)
Director of Operations NJC: SM3 Spine Point 16 ranging to Spine Point 20 £62,264 - £68,489 gross per annum, inclusive of all paid holiday entitlement.
Full-time, throughout the year post.
Required for September 2014
The Governors wish to recruit a permanent Director of Operations to provide strategic vision and leadership in all aspects of support activities in the school, including Human Resources, Finance, Premises, Health & Safety and ICT/Data Management.
The successful candidate will work with and through the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team to lead and manage all school support staff.
The full Job advert, job description and application form are available on the CF Appointments website: www.cfappointments.com
Further information on the school can be found on the school website www.lasainteunion.org.uk
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check is required for the post.
Closing : 25/04/14 midnight
Interviews : 19/05/14
For further details of the post and how to apply please go to the CfA website (www.cfappointments.com).
If you would then like to discuss the post please contact Adrian Brett at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7220 0180.
School Business Manager
Swaffield Primary School
In a Class of Its Own
is looking to appoint a self-motivated and inspirational School Business Manager
from 1st September 2014
Salary Range: £37,329 - £43,584
(36 hours per week – all year round)
Swaffield is a large, successful, well maintained 3-form entry school, in the London Borough of Wandsworth, with a growing number of children, staff and working areas. This is a unique chance for the right person to join the ‘Swaffield Team’ and work alongside our highly experienced and knowledgeable business manager who will work part time before retirement in the summer of 2015. It will be a significant role for the right person who must be capable of representing the school at all levels, be able to confidently work to deadlines, cope under pressure and maintain a sense of humour throughout.
A suitably qualified, experienced and currently practising professional is sought who can meet all criteria stated in the job description and person specification. The role will involve the strategic leadership and management of the financial, premises, personnel and administrative aspects of the school. The post holder will be an active member of the school’s leadership team, working closely with the head teacher, senior leaders and the governors.
The post holder should be educated to a minimum of NVQ Level 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject area and will ideally have a recognised Business Management qualification. A strong financial/administrative management background is essential together with experience of managing human resources, premises and support functions, ideally within a school or education setting. A commitment to continuing professional development is important and will be fully supported by the school.
The post holder will be line managed by the Headteacher and they will be responsible for the line management of all administrative and premises staff. The post is all year round and 36 hours per week. All holidays will be taken during school holidays and the start date is September 2014.
In your application form please ensure you address each aspect of the person specification as it is this which will be used to shortlist candidates for interview.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is Friday 25th April 2014 at NOON (only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted)
First Round Interviews will be held on 12th or 13th May where there will be a tour of the school and an opportunity to ask questions.
Final Interviews will be held on 19th or 20th May.
We welcome applications from those who feel they can make a positive contribution to our team.
In the interests of efficiency, economy and the environment, candidates are encouraged to download an application and details from the school website www.swaffield.wandsworth.sch.uk under Job Vacancies and completed application forms are to be returned to the school at email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
School Business Manager
A Co-educational Independent School 3-18 Boarding and Day Founded by Quakers in 1702 Society of Heads
SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER
Full Time For September 2014
We are seeking an experienced and well qualified School Business Manager to join the Senior Management team of this small independent school. A background in business, finance or estate management would be ideal.
The successful applicant will be versatile, a good people manager and be able to work under pressure.
Further details and an application form can be obtained from the Head’s PA, Sonia Hood via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; alternatively call 01799 525 351 Ext. 2215 For more information about Friends’ School visit our website www.friends.org.uk
The closing date for applications is 4pm on Friday 25th April 2014: interviews will take place on 1st and 2nd May 2014.
Friends’ School exists to advance the education of children (Charity No: 1000981)
Friends’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Director of Finance & Operations
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND OPERATIONS
Apply by 28th April 2014 12 noon
Salary according to skill set: from £50,000
Required to start A.S.A.P
Contract type: Full time & Permanent
Whitley Academy is an 11 – 18 mixed comprehensive situated in the South East of Coventry. There are currently 850 students and 60 teaching staff. It is a Royal Society of the Arts Academy.
Whitley is a genuine comprehensive school with a full ability range and social mix. We are rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted and have been since 2010, and again under the latest Ofsted framework (Dec 13). Our reputation locally and nationally is excellent. The school is a National Support School and supports a number of others schools with their improvement.
The school now seeks a Director of Finance and Operations to support the Principal. This is a new role with responsibility for all financial, commercial and operational matters affecting the school.
- Ensure the efficient running of the finance, operations and facilities services.
- Act as a hands-on leader for all finance and all non-teaching operational matters, i.e. administration, facilities, caretaking and cleaning staff and directly line manage support staff, and work closely with other functions including HR and ICT.
- To be responsible for the school’s finances, preparation of budgets, management accounts, forecasts and business plans.
- Review and improve administration and reporting processes where feasible.
- Take responsibility for the smooth day to day running of the school’s operations.
- Supervise the maintenance and daily upkeep of all buildings, as well as grounds maintenance and building security.
- A natural leader, as part of the senior team you will be a qualified accountant with experience of budget preparation and providing strategic support to a senior leadership team.
- Someone with strong operational experience, proven project management skills and a hands-on approach.
- A team player who believes in sharing best practice across the wider business.
- An energetic and adaptable individual who has previously run a multi-functional team.
- You should also be experienced in providing real value-add and business partnering, and experience of Academy operations.
Whitley Academy is committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.
Closing Date: 12noon – 28th April 2014
Please apply using the attached application form. CV’s are not accepted
Feel free to click on the Person Specification, Job Description and Information Pack to see more information regarding this position.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Amrit Nagra, WHITLEY ACADEMY, Abbey Road, Coventry, CV3 4BD
Tel: 024 7630 2580
Location: Brent, London
Start date: As soon as available
Deadline: 11am on Monday 28th April 2014
Salary: c. £45,000
Help bring stability and success to a much-loved school.
This September, Copland Community School in Wembley will become an ARK school. We need a determined and committed Finance Controller to help make the school a success. You will work with the newly-appointed Principal to drive the school forward.
The school is an important part of its local community, but it has faced recent challenges including an inadequate Ofsted judgement and a falling school roll. We are working hard to give all pupils at the school an excellent education, and we hope you will build on this.
The Finance Controller will provide strategic leadership and management of the finances of the academy and ensure that the resources of the academy are applied effectively and efficiently to achieve its educational aims.
They will also maintain the academies financial and accountancy systems and ensure the provision of financial information to the Principal, ARK and external bodies as required. The role will also include the leadership of staff in the wider finance team. The Finance Controller will help ensure a smooth transition, operationally, between the current school and the new academy.
You will need to have:
- A professional accountancy or management qualification with a record of Continued Professional Development activities
- Experience of financial management systems, and of leading and managing budgeting and reporting processes in an organisation
- Experience of working with a range of internal and external partners including non-finance personnel
- The ability to influence and participate in the academy management processes
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- A proactive and innovative demonstrable approach to work
- Commitment to ARK School’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses
If your hopes for Copland are as high as ours, please get in touch. To apply, please go to https://application.arkschools.net/vacancy/KdtMPKWW and submit your application by 11am on Monday 28th April 2014.
School Business Manager/Company Secretary
School Business Manager/Company Secretary
Salary range: £31,160 (NJC 37) to £40,254 (NJC 47) - depending on experience
Full time: 37 hours per week, term time only plus 2 weeks.
Captain Webb Primary School, Webb Crescent, Telford, TF4 3DU
Daycare, nursery and primary school, 4-11, 322 on roll
Tel: (01952) 386770
This is an exciting time of development at Captain Webb Primary School. The Headteacher and Governors are looking to appoint a well organised, dynamic and strategic thinker to the post of School Business Manager.
Working as part of the school’s senior leadership team, the individual will provide professional support and guidance to the Headteacher and Governors. The SBM also acts as Company Secretary to the Childcare Centre which is based on site.
Applications should be completed by 4pm on Monday 28th April 2014 and interviews will be held week commencing 5th May 2014. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com or by post to:
Captain Webb Primary School
Documents to download (click on link below):
We actively encourage potential applicants to come and look around the school before applying. If you would like to come to the school and we have made two dates available:
- Tuesday 8th April at 4pm
- Thursday 10th April at 10am
If you would like to look around please telephone the school on 01952 386770 to add your name to the list.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
There will be a need for the successful applicant to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Finance Director / Operations Manager
CHILDREN OF SUCCESS SCHOOLS TRUST
FINANCE DIRECTOR AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Children of Success Schools Trust is responsible for two primary academies in Wythenshawe, Manchester, The Willows and Haveley Hey.
We have recently appointed new headteachers to lead each school. We are now seeking a Finance Director and Operations Manager (FDOM) who will work closely with them to secure and develop the successful partnership between the two schools and who shares our commitment to improving education and life opportunities for our children and community.
The Willows has twice been graded ‘outstanding’, by Ofsted, with two further ‘outstanding’ subject inspections. Haveley Hey is a ‘good’ school moving rapidly forward. The two schools have in total 685 pupils, plus 125 nursery children.
Income for the two schools in 2013/4 totals £4,188,802. The Trust has recently acquired a new building which it is developing as a facility for early years, children with additional needs and community use.
We are seeking someone with:
- Significant experience of finance leadership, including planning, forecasting, budget setting and management, overseeing preparation of accounts and statutory reporting
- Experience of successful project management
- The ability to manage individuals and teams and to work collaboratively
- High level ICT skills
- Excellent organisational, administrative, record-keeping, presentation and communication skills
- Energy, vision, and the ability to plan strategically.
The FDOM will:
- Develop and implement fit-for-purpose financial modelling, budgeting and accounting systems for the Trust as a whole
- Manage our centrally-held financial resources and support the Headteachers in managing their school budgets, to improve value for money
- Set the funding for our new building project on a sound footing
- Manage our estates
- Manage our HR services
- Develop cross-Trust procedures for commissioning and delivering services for
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations
- Fulfil the role of Chief Executive Officer (as defined by the Trust’s funding agreement)
- Be directly responsible for some 19 staff.
The FDOM will be responsible to the Board of Governors for the two schools, reporting through the Chair of Finance and HR Committee, and will be an ex-officio member of the Board.
Please see school websites for application form, job description and person specification.
www.willows.manchester.sch.uk or www.haveleyhey.manchester.sch.uk
Start Date: ASAP
Academy Visit: By appointment
Closing Date: Midnight 30th April
Interview Date: Friday 9th May 2014
The Diocese of Coventry Multi Academy Trust is looking to appoint an inspirational and highly effective Business Manager who is committed to leading The Harris Church of England Academy to educational excellence and further developing the distinctive Christian character of educational provision and the academy community.
This exciting new post has been created to work alongside the newly appointed Headteacher to drive the school forward. You will have the opportunity to work with the MAT and other Church School partners to transform the educational experiences of the children of Rugby.
- an experienced Business Manager already operating in a secondary school
- proactive and innovative in your approach to work
- experienced at working with a range of internal and external partners
- passionate about church school education
- inspired by young people to support learning experiences that transform lives
- have a track record for delivering projects on time
- have a track record for delivering value for money creatively
To request an information pack, for an informal discussion or appointment to visit the school please contact HR on 01788 422905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For any more information please visit our website www.covmat.org
School Business Manager
School Business Manager - Cordwalles Junior School, Camberley
Cordwalles Junior School, part of the GLF Schools Multi Academy Trust is looking for a highly motivated, organised, forward thinker who can provide strategic vision and leadership in all aspects of school administration including resources, finances, HR, premises, Health and Safety and income generation.
30 hours Term- time Plus 2 weeks (with flexibility in hours and weeks as determined by school needs)
As part of the Leadership Team The School Business Manager will support the Headteacher in continuing to develop school systems to enable the highest quality education for our children.
Successful applicants will:
- Have effective interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organisation, analytical and problem solving skills with a can do attitude
- Experience in managing expenditure budgets
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
- Good working knowledge of MS Office package, and ideally SIMS ideally have or willing to work towards Certificate/Diploma in School Business Management or CIPFA Certificate in Financial Reporting for Academies
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to make a difference
- An active governing body
- The opportunity to be part of the Senior Leadership Team providing strategic leadership and vision
- The opportunity to be part of GLF Schools, an inspirational and growing dynamic multi academy trust that provides good support centrally for School Business Managers supporting peer collaboration, sharing of expertise across schools and provides good CPD opportunities
Why not come and find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting us?
If you wish to make an informal visit to Cordwalles Junior School please contact HR@glfschools.org
A full job description is available on our website www.glfschools.org
Closing date: Friday 2nd May 2014 (noon)
Interview date: Wednesday 7th May 2014
We look forward to receiving completed applications at email@example.com
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all colleagues to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
Finance and Payroll Manager
Finance and Payroll Manager
37 hours a week, Full Time Grade 8/9 : £25,727- £31,160
Start Date: As soon as possible
We wish to appoint an experienced and accomplished individual to the post of Finance and Payroll Manager.
This post is critical in ensuring that the financial management of the academy is efficient and effective and working to maximise students’ learning.
You must have excellent financial, organisational and communication skills and be able to show a high degree of initiative. A relevant professional accountancy qualification and ability to demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional development is essential. An awareness of Academy Financial procedures would be an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly supportive environment and to have a real impact on the education of our students.
You will be:
- Able to work as part of a whole-school team
- Hardworking, self-motivated, pro-active, organised and reliable
- Able to demonstrate excellent systems and people management skills
- Take a flexible approach to deal with changing priorities
- Have good personal skills and able to communicate with young people
- Supportive of the ethos of the school.
Further information and an application form can be downloaded from www.cathedralschool.org.uk
Please return all application forms, either by post to: HR Department, Cathedral Academy, Thornes Road, Wakefield WF2 8QF or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 6th May 9am
Interviews : Week commencing 12th May
We can only accept completed application forms, CVs will not be considered.
Awareness and understanding of the issues surrounding the safeguarding of children are essential and the successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check